Post #6: Jamaica Research

During the course of my research, there has not been any real surprises up to this point. I have chosen the topic of marijuana legalization in the country of Jamaica, and how it will benefit them as a nation and help them move forward in the progressive world. Though Jamaica has decriminalized the possession of marijuana, it is still not legal for distribution by licensed companies or stores. My research has consisted of three main parts, which are the crime rates before and after marijuana legalization, the new business industry it brings, and its effects. Also, the recreational use of marijuana and the consumer safety guidelines and regulations that need to be set in order for citizens to be safe using the drug responsibly. I have found many different and trust worthy sources that I am planning to use in my paper. Though I am still not finished getting all of my sources and information, I feel confident that I will have very relevant and useful information. My research mainly consists of different studies done by companies that have seen the effects of legalization here in the United States, such as Colorado or Washington. These studies provide numbers and facts that cannot be argued, therefore they are great sources that I can rely on to back up my main claims in my paper. Finally, I plan to continue researching how marijuana effects the business world, and the consumer safety regulations that we have set here in the United States. I plan to use those sources to connect into Jamaican life and how their people can benefit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamaica Intro: Post 2

About Me: Post 1

Blog Post #7: Introduction